Part-Time Operations Manager - Los Angeles, CA
We are an exciting start-up operating in the cryptocurrency, NFT, and electronic identification spaces. In 2020, we released a revolutionary Hardware Wallet that is rapidly gaining customer acceptance and accolades industry-wide.
We are in significant need of an experienced, part time, and hands-on Operations Manager to lead and oversee our production and order fulfillment spaces. We are partnered with an outstanding Electronics Contract Manufacturer and need an experienced, hands-on manager to test, package, and ship product. This role has a significant quality component to it and requires frequent interaction and partnering with our Contract Manufacturing partner, internal engineers, and upstream IC and hardware suppliers. Sales are ramping. In the near future, we will outgrow our current model and transition to leverage 3PL services. You will lead the selection and onboarding of our new 3PL partner.
You are a seasoned Operations manager or engineer who is looking for the ideal, part-time role for the next phase of their career. You have worked extensively in the Electronics space, preferably in the consumer electronics space. You have impeccable attention to detail, high integrity, and a desire to do what is right. You have significant experience working day-to-day with electronics CM partners and are well versed with leading Quality Systems and ICT. You are a firm believer in structured thinking and problem solving but are agile enough to deal with the realities of a startup. You are open to working as an individual contributor with detailed interaction with CM and supplier partners and are comfortable considering a management role as the business grows and dictates. You are comfortable with varying work times as the hours will vary with the business needs including the occasional late night call with overseas team members and suppliers. Initially, the business requires approximately 20 hours per week, on average, and is expected to grow with our business.
- 10-20+ years of hands-on test and manufacturing experience in the electronics space
- Demonstrated experience working effectively day-to-day with CM's, 3PL's and overseas suppliers
- Strong communication, influencing, and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated experience leveraging Quality Systems and Problem Solving Methodologies (e.g., 8D)
- 10+ years of hands on experience with ICT; incoming and outgoing quality inspection/systems; and software flashing
- Impeccable attention to detail and a desire to excel. We obsess over our customers and want to provide them with outstanding products and an outstanding buying experience.
- An innate sense of urgency. We are a fast-paced start-up and need people who are comfortable in that environment and who have a sense of urgency.
- Highly organized and able to balance multiple, competing, and changing priorities.
- Self directed. You will be based at our contract manufacturer. We will align regarding the business' priorities, and you will manage your time independently and effectively.
- Mechanical and/or Industrial Engineering Experience
- Experience working with and understanding MRP/ERP systems and inventory controls
- Consumer Hardware Product Design Capability a plus