Full-Stack Blockchain Engineer
We are looking for a Full-Stack Engineer with deep interest and experience in blockchain technologies. This is a full time/dedicated (40+ hour/week) contract position with the potential for full time hire and competitive hourly pay.
You will have a successful track record of working with high performing distributed teams and building innovative products that delight customers with speed, high quality and groundbreaking security and simplicity. As a Lead Blockchain Developer, you will be a core member of the Downloadable Desktop Application team and will report to the Lead Engineer.
You will be a valued member of a multi-skilled team. We operate in a truly agile fashion. You will bring your experience and skill to bear on the multitude of new and exciting challenges that appear. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment, work collaboratively with the CEO, other engineers, the product management leadership and other multidisciplinary team members including mechanical and electrical engineering, operations, marketing, sales and business development. Together, we will develop an insanely great product and innovative solution for the crypto industry.
This role can be remote, but we have a strong preference to build a core of the company’s team in the Bay Area.
- Responsible for implementing all server and front-end APIs including crypto-currency transaction structuring, payments, and integrations with other 3rd party systems
- Responsible for our downloadable desktop application (electron based) including all front end features and user experience
- Lead and contribute to projects in security, blockchain and distributed systems
- Champion agile practices and iterative product development processes
- Lead, build, test, and release large scale systems within the crypto team, making the right tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability
- Build using agile development and methodologies. Share technical solutions and product ideas through design reviews, pair programming, code review and other technical brainstorming sessions
- Assess and review existing application architecture
- Implement high performance and top quality software modules
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to overcome these problems
Qualifications, Capabilities and Mindset
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science and/or a related engineering discipline. Masters or advanced degree a plus
- 5-7+ years of software development experience with at least 2-3+ years of
experience working with emerging blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies
- Good understanding of Bitcoin & Ethereum blockchains
- Experience with Decentralized Finance Applications
- Proficiency with the languages/frameworks and infrastructure we’re using:
- Front End: HTML5, CSS3, Typescript, Graphql, React Electron
- Infrastructure and 3rd party integrations/platforms : Infura, Etherscan, Blockhair, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, AWS Lambda, Shopify, Stripe, Recurly, Sentry, ...
- Experience working with large scale platform development teams and embedded software / hardware devices is a strong plus
- Resourceful, results focused and obsessed with delivering insanely great customer experiences
- Bias for action and “let’s do it” attitude, while aspiring for an exceptional level of quality, scalability and repeatability
- Enjoy working in a diverse, dynamic and collaborative environment where everyone’s ideas and options are valued
- Demonstrated understanding of security best practices and a passion for implementing highly scalable backend services
- Good oral and written English communication skills required